Friday, October 15, 2010

Homecoming 2010

What do most girls dream of in high school??? I would say that most, whether they want to admit it or not, would love to be Homecoming Queen! Maybe not, but I know it would make any girl feel good to know that so many people thought so highly of them. However it's highly unlikely that the average girl would ever be crowned Homecoming Queen. It's always the most popular, prettiest, cheerleader, friendliest, etc. Well, I'm proud to say that was not the case this year at Dacula! Rachel that's in our class won Homecoming Queen!!!!! It was so sweet to see her win, tear up, and be so excited all at once. Not only was it special to see her win, but to see Jeffrey, her boyfriend, be ecstatic when she won!! Such a special night!!
Being announced at the pep rally
Raleigh and Ian (Elliott's little boy)
Jeffrey sat there waiting for them to announce the winner with his fingers crossed!
I love the shock on her face
The Queen and her court
The cheerleaders and Rachel's sister congratulating her
You can't have a Queen without her King. They didn't announce the Homecoming King until the dance. Jeffrey, Rachel's boyfriend, was nominated for Homecoming King. He LOVES Dacula! He has so much spirit and is the manager for the football and basketball teams. All of the students love him as well. One of the things that he loves to do is to break dance. When he got to the dance he started dancing and a circle developed around him...he loves the attention and the other kids just cheered him on. When it was time to announce the Homecoming King, all of the court was announced. Jeffrey and Rachel walked out together to the students chanting their names and then they announced the winner...Jeffrey Meyer!! He had such a different reaction than Rachel. He gave a fist pump and jumped up and down! He was thrilled to say the least. Him and Rachel had a dance together that was so sweet.

I'm so thrilled for the two of them and so were Elliott and Jackie. Elliott and Jackie (teachers) said that it was like winning the Super Bowl for a teacher. I'm even more proud of the students for rallying together to vote for the two of them. I heard two students leaving the football game saying how they were so happy that Rachel won. It's great to be an alumni of Dacula and live in a community that has great students, especially when this type of news is not often shared.
Being announced at the dance
King and Queen! Can you tell Jeffrey's excited?!?!
LOVE IT!!!
We were very proud!
Here's a link to the news broadcast that was aired

2 comments:

  1. Girl--this makes me TEAR UP every time I think of it! I think it needs to be on the national news, you know those stores at the end of the news hour that always spotlight something so encouraging and uplifting, out of the norm. :)
    JUST AWESOME!!
    Thanks for doing this detailed post on it...only saw a link in the paper from all the way up here.
    Proud to be an Alumni today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i tell you how much this thrills me? seems dacula is getting a LOT of bad press around the mom circle in the community and i'm so tired of hearing it. this totally delighted me! :)

    ReplyDelete