Saturday, July 6, 2013

18 months

Really?  A year and a half? It's so hard to believe!  I loved this age with Raleigh because she was exploring new things, learning to say words, and just cute.  Garner is cute and definitely exploring new things, but it's totally different.  He's all boy!  Raleigh is our more cautious child and Garner doesn't have a cautious bone in him.  He's more physical than Raleigh ever thought about being, but he doesn't say as many words as Raleigh did.  They look alike, but are very different and I love it.  While I still love this age with him, it's so different and more challenging to keep up with Garner.  Garner is very consistent in his words although we are the only ones that can understand him.  For his milk or water cup he always says ba ba and stands at the refrigerator for us to get it.  It doesn't matter that we consistently tell him cup or milk, he still calls it ba ba.  He will say ball and LOVES a ball.  He tends to throw the balls with his left hand for now.  I'm curious to see if he ends up being a lefty or if he switches as he gets older.  He can say cheese and did when I got the camera out with the cutest squinched up face.  He also loves to eat cheese!  He still says mama, dada, rahrah, and papa pretty well.    Bye bye is what he says best.  He loves to wave to people in stores or restaurants and most of the time has a smile.  The boy LOVES being outside and will bring us his shoes if he wants to go out and cry when we make him come in.  Garner also loves to aggravate Raleigh just like brothers do!  He knows when she wants to sit in her chair and he runs to sit in it and of course she whines.  Her toys are always more fun than his...it's a constant battle some days!  Garner has definitely made life more interesting for us and I wouldn't change it for anything.  Hoping life can slow down a little...he's growing too fast!



No comments:

Post a Comment