Raleigh's friend Kensley is back in town! We took an afternoon to go visit Monkey Joe's. Kensley had been before, but this was Raleigh's first time. I wasn't sure how she would do, but I quickly found out. Raleigh is not very adventurous. I put her in one of the toddler bouncy houses. She stood there as Kensley went to playing. Finally after I walked around to the other side she took a few steps, bounced a tiny bit, walked to the other side and then she was done...the crying began! I thought she might enjoy the big slide so I took her up there. I think she enjoyed it, but then once again started crying when we were finished. Come to find out one of the bouncy houses has a huge monkey at the entrance and Raleigh was terrified of it! She would look at it, cry, and hold on to me. She even said "I scared!" Well, the people at Monkey Joe's are wonderful and gave us a rain check so we can try it out another day since Raleigh was so upset. While we waited for Kensley, Raleigh played in the little toddler play area (it has walls around it so the monkey was out of sight!). Hopefully we can help Raleigh overcome her fear of large blow up monkeys!
Climbing up...Raleigh still crying!
Coming down...Raleigh enjoyed this part!
Raleigh and Kensley playing
Raleigh checking the food in the oven
Raleigh was "cooking" and Kensley was finding the "food"
The scary monkey

CHEEEEEESE!!
Raleigh and Kensley...great friends!!




No comments:
Post a Comment