Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Reminiscing...

Two years ago from today we received a call around 7:00 or 8:00 pm that our bed was ready at the hospital. We got everything ready and headed out to Northside Hospital. I was being induced on December 3rd, but they wanted me there the night before. Since I was being induced I didn't get the royal treatment of being dropped off at the door. Instead Jason had me walk from the parking garage...maybe he wanted me to walk Raleigh out...he was a little anxious to have her here. I however was not so ready. I LOVED being pregnant and didn't want it to end, but I was ready to meet our little girl also. I had no idea what all to expect or how much my life would change (of course for the better!)

I've been reminiscing a lot today about that day two years ago. I guess I'm a little sad that my baby is not a baby any more, that she's changing every day, that she's becoming more independent, and developing her own unique personality. There are so many things about that time that I never want to forget. Tomorrow is the big day...my baby will be 2!!! Is it possible to freeze time?!?!?!
Before heading to the hospital...for some reason I didn't think I was that big, but now looking back I was large and no one told me that I looked like I was pregnant in the front and back!

2 comments:

  1. You are a nut! You did not look pregnant front and back! Happy Birthday to a super-sweet, precious Big Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked GREAT preggo! My whole body swelled up at the end! haha. I'm so glad you enjoy Raleigh so much and that she's been such a blessing to you. I KNOW that she is blessed to have you as her Mommy :-) Happy Birthday Raleigh!

    ReplyDelete