Oh, how I love you! You are so special to me and your daddy. We prayed for you for so long and the day we found out that you were a little girl I was excited, but very nervous. I'm so glad that God chose you for us! I could not be more proud of you in such a short time. You have grown and changed so much in the past year that it's so hard to believe. Here are just a few of the things that I absolutely love about you and want to treasure forever...
You have a great personality. You are shy when you first enter a room, but once you realize that it's all ok, you begin to shine and talk...nonstop!
You are so motherly. You rock your babies, sway with them when you hold them, feed them, dress them, and love on them so much. I can't wait for you to be a big sister one day...you will definitely be mommy's big helper!
You love to watch and imitate adults that you are around...you pretend to talk and use hand gestures just like the person you are imitating. I don't want you to grow up that fast, but you can definitely act grown up!
You teach me so much about myself. I know all the things I need to work on in my life because I see you imitating me. I pray you will learn from all of my mistakes!
You can remember everything!! I'm amazed at how you remember something that happened several months ago, but to you everything happened "yesterday."
You have a wonderful imagination! Whether it's your babies, your imaginary friends, or your toys, you can develop some great stories. I hope this continues into your school years!
You love to sing and if you don't know the words you come up with your own!
You have a beautiful smile and the most precious curls (I can't stand the thought of cutting them!)
You know your letters and some sounds. We're working on your numbers...you've decided you need to skip the #4 when you count (this is frustrating for your mommy).
Your favorite color is pink.
You have a wonderful sense of humor and love to play around, especially with your daddy. You often teach me that I need to lighten up sometimes and just have fun!
You love to go just like me! This is going to be so much fun when you get older (as long as you'll still go with me in the teenage years!) You're always asking where we're going when you wake up and the days that we have no where to go you occasionally get upset, but then you enjoy being able to play at home.
You love to talk! I guess you inherited this from your great-grandmothers because mommy and daddy are not big talkers. People often tell us that you talk very well for your age. Let's hope you know when to talk and when it's time to listen!
You've started to tell us that you love us at random times! It melts my heart every time you do it. I love you Raleigh!
You are you and that's what makes you so special!!! I love everything about you and cannot wait to see what all you learn in this next year!
Happy 3rd Birthday Raleigh!! We love you!!
Opening one present when daddy got home! She looked and counted her presents several times, but was extremely patient to wait and not beg to open one!



A snack set for Bella and Kallie!

Reading her cards...this was quite the sight as she "read" each one!

Beauty and the Beast...only been watched maybe 100 times (not really, but it seems like it)! Glad I love the movie as well!


Can you tell how excited she is?!?! She's been asking for a pillow pet for quite some time now and we kept telling her maybe for her birthday. She was a very patient girl!

Finally...a princess dress!!


Helping Papa put in the candles. Raleigh requested a cake...chocolate cake with coconut icing and strawberries. Grandma heard chocolate and strawberries so she made a pound cake with chocolate icing and had some strawberries. I don't think she missed the coconut icing!

Happy Birthday to you!!!

What a smile??

A special treat for the birthday girl...her first piece of chewing gum! Raleigh's said before that she was getting her "gun." I finally figured out when she reached in her pocket and pretended to pull something out and put it in her mouth that she was saying "gum." So we thought she might be ready to try and she did great!

For a special treat we took Raleigh to Build-A-Bear! She chose to make a cat. Here she is kissing the heart before putting it inside her cat.

Giving her kitty a bath

Surprise, Surprise...she picked a Cinderella dress!

Coming up with a name. Since the cat was dressed as Cinderella we decided to use Cinderella's cats name in the Cinderella 2 movie...PomPom

Choosing an extra outfit

Taking PomPom home!




No comments:
Post a Comment