Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Six Flags

Well, Grandma finally got her wish.  She's been wanting to take Raleigh to Six Flags for at least a year if not longer.  I kept saying she wouldn't ride anything and there wasn't enough for her to do.  Junior and Cathy were going to take Hope (who is 3 weeks older than Raleigh) and asked us if we wanted to go.  We decided to go and since they had some coupons we could use with their season passes we didn't have to spend our life savings to get in (those tickets are pricey).  Just like I thought, Raleigh didn't want to ride anything.  Hope wanted to ride the logs first and I had to make Raleigh get on.  Of course after doing it she loved it, but I had to make her get on things.  There were a couple of rides that I couldn't ride with her and she sat out one, but then I made her get on another one with Hope.  I don't think she was very happy with me, but she survived and probably really enjoyed it.  We had a great time!  The weather was great...overcast most of the day, but humid and it didn't start raining until 30 minutes before the park closed.  There were no lines!  For the kid rides we could jump right back on.  Junior and I rode three roller coasters in about 30-45 minutes.  Garner did wonderful!  Mama would take him out of the stroller while we were riding and then he'd go back in when we were moving and even managed to sneak in a couple of naps.  I have to say I was wrong on there not being much for Raleigh to ride, but I'm glad we waited until this year.  Now she's asking to go back...next year!
A little wet after riding the logs...2 times in a row!  Definitely not my favorite.  I hate being wet, but Raleigh enjoyed it and ended up riding it again at the end of the day.
 Riding the carousel

 Raleigh's not too happy here because I had to make her get on...she survived!
 Swings!  She loved them and didn't argue about getting on these alone!
 When we got home.  Something about this picture of Raleigh looks just like Lacy to me...maybe it's the stance with the hands on hips!

No comments:

Post a Comment