Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Great Friends=Good Times

I really miss my college roommates and friends.  Sometimes I wish I could go back to living in Bass C 204 and relive some of the great memories that were made there.  Don't get me wrong...I LOVE being married and being a mom, but some girl time is needed occasionally.  Unfortunately most of my college friends live in Rome or the surrounding areas closest to Rome.  :(  We've tried to get together at least once or twice a year to meet up and of course eat!  Our usual meeting place is Kennesaw since it is in between Gwinnett and Rome.  The last time we met was at Christmas.  At that time Raleigh was 12 months old, Amanda A. was expecting her twins, and Amanda D. had recently found out that she was expecting her first.  We made a promise then that we would have to meet again in the summer after the twins were born and of course to see Amanda D. with her cute preggo belly!  Amanda and I drove up to Kennesaw and Coo (my roomie), Amanda D. (my other suite roomie), and Lori (a good friend) came from Dalton, Rome, and Cartersville to meet us.  Raleigh provided us with some comedy (as only toddlers can do) and Ryleigh and Avery provided us with all our oohs and aahs over their baby cuteness!  Not only did we see Amanda D. with her preggo belly (Emma Kate inside), but we got to see Lori and her cute preggo belly (Tucker inside)!  Needless to say...next time we get together we'll be even larger!  I'm so thankful that I was blessed to attend college with my all time best friend and that God blessed me greatly with two amazing roommates and another good friend while at Shorter!
Raleigh with Coo in December
The gang in December...Coo, Amanda A., Me, Raleigh, Amanda D.
Retrieving the crayon Raleigh ate...not even 5 seconds after giving them to her!!
Eating lemons!
Being goofy...showing her belly!
Silly girl!
Tickle, Tickle
Arms up!!
Needing a little privacy...squatting!
Raleigh with Amanda D.
The whole gang...Me, Raleigh, Amanda D., Lori, Avery, Coo, Ryleigh, Amanda A.
Coo's creativeness on the picture!
Raleigh walking out with Amanda...she's going to be a great mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment