Since Raleigh was born almost two years ago, Jason and I have had date nights, but have never left Raleigh overnight (or at least Jason had not...I did when she was almost seven months old). Jason finally gave in to leaving her for one night. We left her with my parents on Friday afternoon and we headed to Atlanta. We checked into our hotel...Jason can pick out a hotel...we stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Buckhead. I was pretty amazed at the carolers (dressed in the typical caroler attire) that they had singing around the tree as we entered the lobby. I however realized that I left my toiletry bag at home. Since I have the most wonderful parents ever they went to our house (found my bag laying in the floor of the garage...I think Raleigh must have picked it up, decided it was too heavy, and dropped it), got my bag, and drove it out to the hotel! We had tickets to see The Rockettes at the Fox Theater. They were great and the
live nativity was beautiful...well worth it! After we left the Fox, we dropped our car back off at the hotel and was then able to walk across the street to Lenox Mall for some "shopping." We really didn't shop, just turned in our certificate from the hotel to get our Simon gift card, looked in a couple of stores and then left. Then we were able to walk a couple of blocks down the road to eat at Dante's Down the Hatch...the restaurant that Jason and I ate at on our very first date! It was nice to be able to walk around to the different places and not deal with the traffic. Saturday we had a delicious buffet breakfast at the hotel...I must say that the waffles were the best I have ever eaten!!! Then my wonderful husband did what he dislikes the most and I love the most...we went shopping again. This time we enjoyed Phipps Plaza and North Point Mall to buy one last thing for Raleigh's birthday. While we were out in the Alpharetta area we stopped by the house that is the floor plan we love...we were able to get in and take lots of pictures. Finally we went home to pick up our darling little girl! I think she enjoyed her time with Grandma and Papa...maybe had a little spoiling done. I love her so much and hate being away from her, but it was lovely to have one night to spend time alone with Jason and not worry about a bath, bedtime, and all the other daily routines. Now back to reality!
Inside the Fox Theater watching The Rockettes
Outside the Fox Theater
From our hotel...Macy's Great Tree at Lenox Mall
Eating at Dante's...notice the empty dessert plates and we didn't have to share it with a little girl!
The "boat" inside Dante's
Meanwhile back at home...
Raleigh went to eat at Chick-fil-A (Grandma and Papa spoiled her with ice cream for dessert) and to visit Aunt Helen and Aunt Sybil and Uncle Everett.

Raleigh at Aunt Sybil's house with Buddy

With Buddy and Chase (one of her cousins...I use to babysit him and his brother...they've really grown up!) Raleigh wore Buddy out while she was there!

Sleeping at Grandma and Papa's in her big girl bed

Wanting her picture made

Enjoying her raisins while waiting for Mommy and Daddy




No comments:
Post a Comment