Monday, February 13, 2012

Birthday Celebrations!

Another year...another round of birthday celebrations!  We started celebrating Jason's birthday with lunch at his grandmother's house.  He had gotten his present from his parents early...this nice bike trainer.

And his grandmother gave him this.

Not too shabby of a birthday if you ask me.  Well, I got him this to carry his bikes, but it's being shipped back since he can't put a bike rack on the new car.  So much for trying to get him something he wanted...it got ruined.  :(  Now he has no way to carry his bike to the park.
After church Sunday night, my parents took us out to eat at Pappadeaux's for Jason's birthday.  It was so yummy!!  My parents gave Jason a Bible commentary and money.  Jason laughed about the extra $2 that they gave him, but they always make sure to spend the same amount on everyone, so he was going to get those $2.  Even though Jason laughs about it, I will be doing the same thing with Raleigh and Garner!

On Monday it was my birthday and I spent most of the day working on Valentine crafts and treats for Raleigh's party.  I guess that's the downside of having your birthday right before Valentine's Day.  Oh well, I love it and it wouldn't have been so bad had I planned better to do it the week before.  :)
Me with my babies before going to eat
 We went out to eat with my parents and Jason's parents and grandmother for my our birthdays.  We went to Outback in Athens since we were meeting Jason from work.  Our little surprise was that Mark Richt, his wife, and daughter were sitting in the booth near us celebrating his daughter's birthday.  It was interesting to see them out especially after hearing them speak the weekend before.

For my birthday I got a gift card from Jason's parents and a little money from his grandmother.  Too bad I'll probably end up spending most of it on Raleigh and Garner.  I have ordered a laminator though just so I can laminate any special things of theirs.  :)  It also got used to tint Jason's windows in his new car, but he did get cash out for me to use so I guess it's all the same.  My parents gave me two new charms for my Pandora bracelet...Raleigh and Garner's birthstone!  Jason did the best though.  He did get me a new ring with Garner's birthstone in it.   I love it!!  Now I can wear both Raleigh and Garner's at the same time.

He also had a card for me.  This is what it looked like.
 And a little closer view of what it said.
Yep, definitely the best gift ever!!!  Now I just have to wait until I go back to work this year to let everyone know.  Looking forward to making special memories next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment