Sunday, February 27, 2011

After 20 years...change is coming

When I was 10 we began attending Hebron.  I've had many memories there...being saved, many friends, retreats, getting married, raising my girl there, and many more.  One of the greatest things about Hebron has been the pastor...Larry Wynn.  Not only has he been my pastor for 20 years, but he's been a second dad, friend, encourager, supporter, listener, and example.  I feel like I was blessed even more that Larry is my best friends dad and I've been able to see him so much outside of church...he is always the same!  He's cheered me on in many sporting events, been there every time one of my grandparents passed away (even came to my uncle's house late at night after my grandfather passed away...without being asked!), married me and Jason, and celebrated with us when Raleigh was born.  I can't even begin to name all the ways Larry has impacted my life.  Now that he's leaving as pastor things will be different at Hebron, but one thing I know is that if I or my family ever needed him he would be there for us still.  That's what makes him a wonderful pastor!  Thanks Larry for everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment