Friday, February 11, 2011

Lacy's Senior Night

Lacy's senior night...senior...meaning that she's going to be 18 in a couple of months and graduating from high school...not possible!  I mean I was 13 when she was born and I'm only 22!  :) 

They honored all the senior basketball players before the game.  I am very proud of my niece and how much she's grown and changed over the past few years.  Definitely going to miss seeing her as much next year when she's away at college!
Here's Lacy with Todd and her mom Lori
Some pre-game stuff.  Lacy was a captain and also led everyone in prayer before the game.  Did I say I was proud??  I am!
Getting ready for the jump ball

First free throws of the game...shot 1...good!
Shot 2...good!
Lacy dribbling!  Not something that happens much, but she does great when she does it!
Lacy going for a rebound.  In the second picture you can see her getting knocked down.  :(  This is one thing that she's improved on...being more aggressive (glad she learned this because I never did).
One of Lacy's biggest cheerleaders!
Scott and Vivian were able to see two games.  Vivian was really getting into it (she tends to do this when she watches sports)!
Funny story here.  Hebron was up by 10 or so with maybe 30 seconds left in the game.  Todd was yelling for them to not shoot because there wasn't a need to and to let the clock run out.  Well, during that time Prince Avenue had gotten the ball back and then Hebron ended up with it again with probably 10 seconds left.  Lacy got the ball several times and every time she did we all shouted for her to shoot.  Finally with 5 seconds left on the clock she did...a 3-pointer...she's not a 3-point shooter.  She's a couple feet behind the 3-point line when she shoots...
and it looked great, but was short.  :(  She said that it got tipped a little too.  Everyone around us told Todd that he needed to make up his mind...did he want them to shoot or not!
And talking about it as they head to the locker room!
Nice win!
While waiting on Lacy, Raleigh had a nice talk with Brianna (Lacy's best friend).  Not sure what Brianna was telling her, but she was listening intently.
This is my favorite picture from the whole night.  They were talking and laughing about Lacy's 3-point shot.
A proud daddy and his girl (and niece)!
And a proud Aunt and Uncle...glad they were able to see Lacy play!
And Raleigh has to be in all the pictures.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment