Sunday, December 14, 2014

Blakely is 1 Month Old!

How quickly a month goes by with a newborn!  I feel like we just brought Blakely home and the past month has been a blur!  However it is going by quickly and I need to enjoy every little moment of it!  In the past month she has started to like her swing more than she did when she first came home.  She sleeps for at least five hours at night and sometimes six.  She is a little stinker though and goes to sleep great during the day, but at night when we're ready for bed she wants to cry, but once she is asleep she does great.  I usually end up getting up to feed her around 4-4:30 and then she'll go back to sleep until 8 at least.  Her smiles are coming much more frequently and she is definitely recognizing us now.  Garner loves to sing to her...his favorite to sing is The Itsy Bitsy Spider.  He gives her kisses so she often has a sticky head and he calls her Bakey.  I think he is going to be very protective of her.  When I went to measure her head for a headband he got upset with me.  It is so sweet!  Raleigh is always talking about how she is the cutest little thing and calls her baby girl.  She definitely loves having a little sister.  She does an excellent job at holding her and helping out! At Blakely's one month check up she weighed 10 lbs 8.6 oz (78%) and measured 21 1/2" long (50%).  Everything looked great and healthy with her!  I'm so thankful for a healthy little girl!







No comments:

Post a Comment