Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Little Christmas...day 6

Big day for Magic Kingdom...the official opening of the New Fantasyland.  They were having a huge ribbon cutting and some other ceremonies in the morning so we decided to head to the park after lunch again.  This worked out better anyway because we were staying for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party that was from 7:00-12:00.  
First thing we did...find Rapunzel!  I loved this!  Raleigh watched her the whole time we were in line and pulled her hair over one shoulder just like Rapunzel.  They looked like mirror images!

I honestly think that the princesses have the best job ever!  There was a girl in front of us with special needs.  She was dressed up as Sleeping Beauty.  Watching her reaction when she got to meet Sleeping Beauty was so fun...her face lit up.  The princesses all do a wonderful job with the kids (and adults).  It has to be fun to make a persons day!
When we finished with the princesses it was time for the parade.  Raleigh had a little talk with Cinderella's evil stepmother.



View of the castle when waiting to meet Tiana.  I'm as bad as a little kid...I love looking at the castle!
Raleigh actually talked a little to Tiana and told her that she dressed up like her for Halloween.

We made Raleigh ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.  Here we are before taking off.  Raleigh didn't like it.  :(
Raleigh didn't like Thunder Mountain Railroad, but wanted to ride Splash Mountain with Jason.  I couldn't believe she wanted to do this, but Jason took advantage of it and took her in before she could change her mind. I was prepared for her to have tears when she came out.  Here they are on the back row coming down...
and here they are after finishing!  Raleigh was so cute holding onto her "sticker" earrings because she was worried they would come off.  To my surprise she loved it!
Garner enjoying "It's a Small World"
Waiting to see Merida from Brave


Since Grandma and Papa missed riding the Little Mermaid ride on Raleigh's birthday, her request all day was to ride it again.
Waiting to see Ariel...Garner found some hair to hold!

Riding the Carrousel at night all lit up!

Peter Pan and Wendy took a lot of time playing and moving around with the kids.  Raleigh of course just stared at them and didn't say a word to them when they asked her questions.  It was quite funny...they even made up a name for her!

About ready to crash, but it was finally time for Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade!

Garner in his new hat!



Nothing better than some cookies around 10:30 at night!


Garner was taking it all in!
Raleigh's favorite part of the parade was when Chip & Dale threw a snowball at her
My favorite part was the snow on Main Street, USA!  When I called and asked about the Christmas party, the lady told me that the "snow" was worth it and I have to agree!  It really made it seem like Christmas...other than the 80 degree temps!




Garner loved the toy soldiers...he clapped as they marched by!

And Santa for the finale!  It was almost like watching the Disney World Christmas Parade at night and three weeks early!



Late night, but wonderful day!  I for one can't wait to go back...Magic Kingdom is my favorite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment