Monday, December 3, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday, Raleigh...day 3

Happy 5th Birthday, Raleigh!  So despite getting in bed late we got up early to celebrate with our little girl.  We wanted Garner to get some rest and mama was still sick so we had a change of plans for the day.  Jason and I were going to take Raleigh to Magic Kingdom as planned, daddy and Garner were going to come for lunch so I could nurse Garner and we could all eat in the castle together, and poor mama couldn't get out of bed.
Opening her gifts before heading out
 Rapunzel doll dress from Garner
 Raleigh had to stay in one spot to open her gifts from Grandma and Papa so that Grandma could lay in bed and still see her.  :(

 Rapunzel dress
 Cinderella's wedding dress!

 Cinderella and Rapunzel accessory kit from us
On our balcony...we had a wonderful view of Downtown Disney and if we looked hard enough we could see the castle.  You can sort of see how far up we are if you look at the cars.  We were on the 19th floor!

 And we made it!!  We headed straight for Fantasyland and looked forward to seeing the new addition that was open despite the official opening not being for three more days!




 Alice and the white rabbit...I think this may be the only character that Raleigh actually hugged.  :)  We were fortunate and got the last picture with the rabbit.


 In front of Under the Sea - Journey of The Little Mermaid one of the new rides in the New Fantasyland.  Raleigh loved this ride even though it was just riding around in a clam shell.
 While I went to meet daddy and Garner, Jason and Raleigh drove the cars and rode the tea cups for a second time.
While waiting at the castle Raleigh was able to see the Fairy Godmother (again we made it just in time and were the last one)
 She requested for Raleigh to spin around and Raleigh happily obliged!

 Our pictures with Cinderella



 Raleigh in her new tiara that we got to give her at lunch
 Snow White called Garner Dopey and loved on him so much.  He loved the attention...little flirt!


 Kiss from Snow White (that is some powerful lipstick that did not want to come off!)


 Sleeping Beauty loved on our little boy too!
 The antibiotics seem to be working because Garner is actually smiling again! Still not eating well, but smiling...baby steps!


 Downside to eating in the castle...the meal includes an appetizer (soup or salad), main course, and a dessert.  Then we had Raleigh's cake on top of all that not to mention that they rush you through.  Maybe it wouldn't be so rushed if I didn't take so many pictures.  :)


 When we left, Cinderella was not there (probably out for the parade), so Raleigh took it upon herself to  stand in Cinderella's spot and pretend that she was taking pictures with people.  Love her imagination!  Not only that, but while sitting there I looked up in the castle and saw Jaq and Gus (they have them placed on a ledge near the ceiling of the lobby).

 After lunch, Jason walked out with Daddy and Garner to help them get the cake and balloon to the car so Raleigh and I went to visit the fairies (only Tinkerbell and Periwinkle were there, but that was fine with her) and rode the Magic Carpets of Aladdin.




 After meeting back up with Jason we took Raleigh to the Haunted Mansion.  I may have not told her what it really was, but she did great.  Then we headed back to Belle's cottage for Enchanted Tales with Belle.  Raleigh and daddy resting in the rocking chair in Belle's cottage.
 I did so much research for this trip and knew that Belle came out and the kids could act out the story with her.  Raleigh did not want to participate, but I volunteered her.  Luckily Jason had been chosen as the knight so she wasn't up there alone.




 After we finished there it was time to check in for our reservation at the new Be Our Guest Restaurant.  I'm so thankful I waited for an hour and a half to book this reservation because it was well worth it!!
View of Cinderella's castle from the bridge heading to the restaurant
 View of the Beast's castle up on the hill (it's not real, but it looks like it and looks as if it is miles away)
 While waiting for our table, Raleigh was dancing and bowing...too cute!
 When you walk down the bridge and they open the double doors to go into the restaurant it is truly magical!  They open the doors and you're taken directly into the movie...the room, music, and food.
The main dining room
 The napkins are folded into a rose
  
 Raleigh was so tired!
 Try the Grey Stuff...it's delicious!
We sat next to the large windows with an outdoor scenery and snow falling...beautiful!
 The West Wing dining room with the rose and torn picture


 A nice surprise...the Beast was there and we were able to get a picture with him!

 More pictures from inside the castle.  Jason informed me that I wasn't a professional blogger and didn't need to take so many pictures of everything, but I couldn't help it...it was well done!



 After dinner we left and headed back to check on everyone.  We rode the boat back to the parking lot. This was our view as we left.
 I asked Raleigh what her favorite part of the day was...she said everything!  I think she had a wonderful day!
My dear Raleigh,
I cannot believe that you are now 5!  You have grown up so much in the past year.  Your face has changed into a little girl!  You are so aware of all that is going on and you think you are about 15 and I don't like it.  I love it when you play like a little girl with your dolls and use your imagination.  I know you must grow up, but I want to keep you little for a little longer.  It is true what they say, they days are long, but the years are short.  I hope you enjoyed your 5th birthday at the Magic Kingdom.  I looked forward to this day for almost two years as I   it all planned out in my mind.  I hated it that we couldn't be a family of four on your birthday with Garner, but I sure did enjoy my time with you and daddy.  It was wonderful to have some one on one time with just you!  You deserve it because Garner gets so much attention being your little brother and most of the time you do great letting him have the attention.  Raleigh, I wouldn't trade you for the world!  I remember finding out that we were having a girl and then the day you were born.  You've had my heart since then and I love you so much!  You'll always be my little princess and this little girl that loves to play dress up and loves all the princesses!  I love you bunches!!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment