Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hollywood Studios...Day 2

Plan for the day...head over to Hollywood Studios early, stay until the parade, and head back to the condo for an afternoon rest and early bedtime.  Jason and I were going to have a date night and eat at California Grill!  That sounded like a wonderful plan and we headed out for the day!
All cute in their coordinating t-shirts!
 Hollywood Studios

 First stop...Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
Raleigh had to change into her "winter" Belle dress.  Jason and I zoomed over to grab fast passes for Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster so as soon as the show was over we could go ride.
 After our picnic lunch Raleigh, Jason, Grandma, and Papa went to see Voyage of the Little Mermaid while I went to feed Garner.  When I met back up with them, Raleigh wanted to buy something.  She picked out a charm to add to her bracelet we had given her before we left.  She's growing up!  
Grandma of course had to get her something else as well and let her pick it out.  She picked out the Minnie "bride" ears!  Let's just say she got a few looks, but she loved them!
Jason walked around with Garner and got him to sleep while Raleigh, Grandma, Papa and I went to ride Toy Story Midway Mania.  We missed out on the fast passes for it and had to wait almost an hour, but it was well worth it.  My favorite ride of the day!  After that we were able to catch the parade.  It had gotten really hot and we ended up stripping Garner down to just his onsie because he was sweating so much.


We had a great time and were leaving exactly when we had planned!  Well, Garner had other plans for the day!  When we were walking back to the car, Raleigh jumps out of the stroller yelling that Garner just threw up.  By this time I start to worry about him since he had thrown up every day except for one day in the past six days.  As soon as we get back to the condo, Jason asks the staff for a list of urgent cares/hospitals and we head off with Garner to have him checked out.  We get to the closest urgent care after Jason called to see what the wait time was.  When we get there Jason tells them that we're worried about dehydration and they tell us to head to the hospital because they didn't have IV fluids.  We head over to the hospital and get checked in.  Jason had called and the wait time was around 1-1 1/2 hours.  Our reservations for dinner were still some time away, but Jason called and were able to get them changed for later so we could make it.  My parents went to get something to eat and then came over to the hospital.  By the time they got there we had finally seen the nurse but had not seen a doctor...this was three hours after arriving!  Not long after they got there we went down for an x-ray, we finally see the doctor, and they do an RSV and flu test.  We waited and waited!  My parents and Raleigh finally left because it was getting so late and we wanted Raleigh to get a good nights rest so she could enjoy her birthday.  I was in tears because I wanted Garner to be well, he needed some sleep and couldn't get it in the hospital room, we wanted to get out of there, but they were in no hurry to see us, I wanted Raleigh to have a good birthday, I wanted to put her to bed and give her a kiss on her last night being 4,  we ended up having to cancel our dinner reservations and couldn't reschedule them for another night, and I was just tired and frustrated because nothing was going as I had planned or envisioned it!  A little later we get a call from daddy saying that mama is throwing up!  At this point I'm ready to go home and never plan another trip to Disney!  I hope that it's a quick thing and she'll be better by morning because we have reservations for Cinderella's Royal Table and Be Our Guest Restaurant for Raleigh's birthday. Finally, finally, the doctor comes back in and tells us that Garner has pneumonia and we could either have him admitted or we could take him home with an anitbiotic.  I was already emotional and frustrated so I let the doctor know that I would not be admitting Garner to that hospital ever and I had to be with Raleigh for her birthday (feeling torn between two kids is a horrible feeling)!  If he didn't respond well to the antibiotic and seem better then we could bring him back to the hospital (ummm, no!) or find another doctor to have him checked out.  We got out of there as soon as we could, searched for a pharmacy that was open at midnight, and finally got us something to eat.  Definitely not the relaxing evening we had planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment