Friday was our day to surprise Raleigh with her birthday trip to Disney World. She felt better after being sick the day before and Jason and I did as well. Garner however was still puny so we took him to the doctor before leaving. He had some wheezing and we were given an inhaler for him and some Zofran to give him on the way down so he wouldn't throw up in the car. My parents kept Raleigh while we were with Garner so we packed up the car before going to get her. Here she is opening her clipboard with a note inside, a Disney gift card, and a charm bracelet with a Cinderella slipper.
The poem I wrote for her (thanks to some piecing together from others I found online). I proofread this thing many times and just now noticed that I left our the i in Minnie...oh well.
Our "agenda" for each day
We made it down to Orlando Friday night with no one getting sick except for Garner having a massive diaper explosion when we stopped to eat supper. Thinking that the medicine is helping and we're on the upswing. We had breakfast at the hotel, head over to our Wyndham Bonnet Creek where we're staying for the week, leave our car there and take their shuttle to Animal Kingdom.
It would have been nice to be able to see Raleigh's face, but the sun was really bright (and hot).
The Tree of Life
I loved seeing all of the Christmas decorations! At Animal Kingdom they had trees decorated for each character. This was Pluto's.
First character sighting...Pocahontas
Next up...Minnie
In front of Minnie's tree
And Mickey!
Garner had done great while we were there, but again had a massive diaper explosion at lunch and wasn't eating great. He was still a trooper!
Raleigh kept asking for the rides. Animal Kingdom doesn't have lots of rides for her so she wasn't thrilled about it. We did enjoy a Finding Nemo and Lion King show. She could have ridden Expedition Everest with us, but we thought we shouldn't scare her on the first day. :) Jason and I did enjoy it twice though! Here she finally got to ride the Tricera Top Spin.
Kilimanjaro Safari...very neat and fun!
So we had a great first day. Animal Kingdom wasn't my favorite park, but I'm glad we got to see it. Downside...our shuttle driver didn't tell us where to be picked up so we went to one area, thought it was the other, then had to go back where we started. I ended up having to run across the parking lot to catch the bus (only to have it going to the hotel and not the timeshares, but it at least got us in the vicinity of our room and quickly). We were ready to leave...lesson learned, we'll pay the parking so we can come and go when we need to during the day and not have to wait on a specific time. Another downside...we ate at the poolside restaurant at the hotel and were able to see the last half of the SEC Championship game. I was beginning to think that UGA had a chance, but came up 5 yards short. So close! Finally we got checked into the room and went to sleep only to have Garner throw up after laying down! Long day!

























No comments:
Post a Comment